Saturday, September 15, 2012

Productivity!

I'm just so proud of myself right now that I could pop.  Or, you know, write (another!) blog entry.  Because I just did something I haven't done in...ever?

I finished a short story.  (Okay, yeah, that's been done.)

The next day, I wrote a complete chapter from start to finish.  (Back to back completed projects?  And a chapter in 6 hours?  Never.)

This is monumental.  I think this marks a new level of self-confidence, and hopefully a turning point for my writing.  I now know that I can be ridiculously productive if I just make myself sit down and do it.  I mean, I knew that before, but now I know it.  Because I've done it.  And I can do it again.

New goal: Chapter 3 by bedtime on Sunday.  Because, hey, chapter 2 is D-O-N-E done.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nikky, Great work! Short stories look good. Cant wait to read more of Key change. I will subscribe and keep an eye on your blog. I have put up a revision of my book Haithem on BC, would love to hear your thoughts. Not sure if your a tweeter I'm @amberabardan :) If your not - join, lots of industry news.

    ReplyDelete